View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #54
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The problem with this argument is that Belichik wanted to start leaving McCourty on island a little more toward the end of his rookie year and he couldn't handle it.

Again, Belichik wanted to do it in McCourty's second year; he still couldn't handle it, which prompted the move to safety.

It wasn't that Belichik didn't want McCourty to be able to play man, but that he had a good plan to try to bring McCourty along while Bush threw Jackson out to the wolves.

Even Kubiak had to admitted in the off-season, particular at the combine when he was asked about it. Kubiak admitted that the coaches put Jackson in some precarious positions.

Some of you guys were tearing Jackson down; I was only putting out the facts about McCourty; facts that are supported by the Pats fans and the media up there who are glad that Belichik finally moved him to safety.
You're reaching by trying to say you know the precise reason why Belichek moved him to safety especially since Bill doesn't divulge that type of info in the first place. He seldom let's anything go or misdirects. In fact, some of the info out there points to the main reason being due to injuries since they were rather thin at the position at the time and feeling he had the capabiity to play it.

Reaching on the end of his rookie year as well. He allowed not even 50 yards receiving on him in his last 8 games except one (62 yards allowed) so he didn't show any issue toward the end. The longest reception he allowed was 24 yards during that time as well.

And of course if Belichek didn't think he could play corner at all he wouldn't have turned around and again played the spot in 2012 where he got over 500 snaps til Talib was acquired. And then he played it a couple of more days during camp. In other words, Belichek sees him as flexible and capable in both areas (this is somthing he actually does state). He may be better at one over the other but doesn't mean he isn't able.

I already stated the difference in coaching has a effect so nothing to add there.

Now saying your 'facts' are proven by the media and fans is also a reach. There are mixed opinions out there from fans. I saw one poll illustrating that most want him to play both spots i.e. Charles Woodson while the second place vote leader was leaving him at corner. So those opinions (which is al they are) went both ways.

Same for the media. I saw one article saying he should stay at corner. I saw another saying stay at safety. So using these as 'facts' is a bit far fetched. It's an opinion one way or another.

And of course there is the biggest question of why does it even matter? He's not a Texan so how he is progressing means jack crap. Only care about how Texans progress.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote