View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #61
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans' Rookie with the biggest impact in 2013

I initially wanted to pick Hopkins. But a couple of thoughts changed my mind. - I want to believe in a rookie Texan WR making a huge impact, but in recent years, just haven't seen it from anyone, so I'm a little reluctant to believe this is the year. I would like to be suprised, but I'm a big believer in the notion it takes a receiver 3 seasons to really get it in the NFL. Sure, there are exceptions each year. Hopkins could be that, but I know too little to think with any certainty we'll be lucky there.
- Houston's offense is really balanced. With the likes of Foster and Tate in the backfield and Andre, OD and Garrett to share catches with, I think its safe to hope Hopkins gets 3 or 4 looks a game and makes the most of them.

It's likely to me that Hopkins' biggest impact this year will be as a down field run blocker.

Reluctantly, Swearinger gets my vote. Ed Reed's health is of REAL concern to me. If/when he is out, this position will be a HUGE concern and I think in this scheme, it's a position more suited for reasonable expectation for 1st year greatness.