View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
A lot of corners have a strength in one coverage over another. I know I did and I played the position for years. Some excel in press but if you ask them to play off the receiver they show issues maintaining. Some can play man and are weak in zone, while some player cover 2 better than say cover 3. It is on the coaches to put the player in a position to excel or develop the player to fit their own scheme. Obviously Bush could not do that and Wade is doing it.

So just because McCourty struggled in press didn't make him less pro-ready. He had already displayed he was capable of dealing with speed of the game and the mechanics involved. He just has his strength and weaknesses like several players in the league.
The problem with this argument is that Belichik wanted to start leaving McCourty on island a little more toward the end of his rookie year and he couldn't handle it.

Again, Belichik wanted to do it in McCourty's second year; he still couldn't handle it, which prompted the move to safety.

It wasn't that Belichik didn't want McCourty to be able to play man, but that he had a good plan to try to bring McCourty along while Bush threw Jackson out to the wolves.

Even Kubiak had to admitted in the off-season, particular at the combine when he was asked about it. Kubiak admitted that the coaches put Jackson in some precarious positions.

Again, why did you guys think both safeties were let go?
If they had done their jobs, they would have been retained.
What was the first thing Wade did when he came in?
He let them safeties go; they brought in Manning and moved Quin to safety.
If Wade didn't think Jackson has the making of a good CB, he would have let Quin stay at CB and moved Jackson to safety. After all, Jackson had clearly demonstrated that he has the skill set to play safety. He plays help defense very well. He can play facing the ball; he's physical and can tackle well.

Some of you guys were tearing Jackson down; I was only putting out the facts about McCourty; facts that are supported by the Pats fans and the media up there who are glad that Belichik finally moved him to safety.

Last edited by 76Texan; 08-08-2013 at 11:19 AM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote