View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That could've been Kareem screwing up, being the new guy. But if the other DB, who had more experience, didn't adjust his depth, or tell Kareem to adjust his depth... or if the coaches didn't catch it & address it during the week, tell them to adjust from straight man to the inside man defending the inside route & the outside man defending the outside route... because it happened again & again & again I don't think they fixed it until very late that season, or early the following season... but yeah, I'm sure some of the blame should have been on Kareem for stuff like that, but he had a whole support sysem, that imo failed him.
Those same DB's were respectable the year before. They were a part of the team having it's first winning season and everyone was excited about What Pollard brought to the secondary.

This was my main problem with the Kareem arguments. Even Kareem's current coach came in and said he needed a lot of work. VJ said himself that Kareem was good in the first 10-15 yards but was not very good after that (and that was after some had been saying that for well over a year already).

I disagree with all the film study stuff 76 did, and I still do. I'm not saying those other DB's were perfect, but there is absolutely 0 way you can look at film of the DB's as a fan and definitively decipher which player should have done what. So I don't buy that all the DB's on the team were failing Kareem, when we had raggedy Dunta out there the year before and the DB's weren't that bad.

Now I do blame the coaches for putting him out there as a rookie and not teaching him proper technique. I blame the coaches in general for the lack of talent in that front seven not generating much of a pass rush to help the DB's out.

But Kareem was not good his first year, he was a bit better the next year but still not full time starting caliber...He was awesome last season. Same surrounding DB's as the year before, better Kareem because HE improved.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote