View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adam Schein on Schaub....

Quote:
Originally Posted by since02 View Post
I agree, but I'm basing it not on age, and how players produced the past two seasons... I'm basing it on the fact that ALOT of contacts of key players are coming up and were not going to be able to retain alot of them... The core of the team is soon to fall apart.
Who do you consider the "core" of the team?

2014: Antonio Smith, Cushing
2015: OD, Manning, KJ, JJ Watt
2016: JJo, Chris Myers
2017: AJ, Schaub, Arian, Hopkins
2019: Duane Brown

This FO has done a good job stockpiling talent and has been almost draconian in letting people go before they turn into an issue: Dunta, Demeco, Winston, Brisiel. The mark of a good FO is the ability to re-load by letting costly vets go, signing the important guys, and drafting everyone's replacement. This FO has shown signs they can do that.

So I'm not worried about losing the core players at this point. We'll burn that bridge when we get there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote