View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
There's a difference between pro ready and ceiling. KJ has a higher ceiling for sure, in part because of his ability to play man coverage. But McCourty didn't just make the Pro Bowl in his rookie year, he was All Pro. His contributions to his team were WAY above and beyond KJ's. THAT is pro ready. He came into the pros, stepped in immediately, played all 16 games, and was an All Pro.

None of that matters now except to highlight the BS that Kubiak and Co. kept spewing.
When you have a zone corner or a cover two corner (who can play man-under), it means that you have to keep two safeties back for a good portion of the time.
When the corner has more help, his job is easier because he doesn't have to worry about getting back deep.

On a few occasions toward the end of his rookie year when Belichik tried to put a little more on McCourty's plate, that was when he was exposed.
That was what also happened in his second year, prompted Belichik to start playing him some at safety.

And he continued to struggle in his third year, promting a "permanent" move to safety.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...devin-mccourty

Some says his Rookie's year was beginner's luck:

http://thesportsmenu.com/home/?p=3560

What I saw when I watched each of his games the last 2-1/2 years is that when he has helped, he can play. But playing with help a majority of the time is NOT Pro-ready.

This is nothing new to the more knowledgeable Patriots fans; they had talked about it at length sometimes in his mid-second year. Some guys even break down his poor plays with videos (and not just screen shots like I do, LOL).
I had shown one of them last year; it's somewhere in one of the threads.
You don't have to take my words for anything.
It's not a secret. When a guy can't play corner in his third year, how can he be Pro-Ready as a rookie. Take a deep breath and think about it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote