View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #284
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For me, it's not that I'm so impressed with Sharpton, it's that I'm not impressed by Mays.

Not me. I'd like to get a starter out of the fourth round. May not be a star like Cushing, but he should "belong" on the field. I don't expect them all to start, but I'm not expecting a back-up from a 4th round pick.

I think the odds are less likely that he'll be a starter, but over time I should have a few 4th rounders starting.
A starter in the fourth is a plus, not a must.
I had mentioned a few different studies of how the players perform by draft round.
I can't remember where those links are, but here's another one:

http://datascopeanalytics.com/what-w...-the-nfl-draft

According to this, the chance of getting a starter in the fourth round is about 25-30% (and the starters here don't even have to be bona-fine starter; they just need to be able to start a certain number of games in their career, whether their play was mediocre or below average.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote