View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #38
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do Texans Rank in the AFC ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Denver was winning games before Manning got there & they'll win games after Manning moves on. That's no different than us & Schaub. Sure we can win with Tj, but our win rate is much higher with him than without.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I disagree with this. Tebow may have led some last minute comebacks with his legs, but the 2011 Broncos were more than anything a product of their defense, and it got better last season. I just don't believe it would be that difficult to find a QB serviceable enough to keep them from being a bottom ten scoring team like they were that season. It will be interesting to see how the deal with the loss of Dumervil, but last season they were top 5 in total D, rushing D, passing D, and scoring D.

Manning or no Manning, that defense is going to win them some games.

Also, FWIW, if Osweiler's still around when Peyton decides to hang it up, I think they'll be in good hands.
Not taking anything away from their defense, but Denver went 8-8 in 2011. They made the playoffs solely because they played in a crappy division. They weren't winning many games before Manning got there.

To the thread question: I think the Texans are anywhere from 1-3 with the Broncos & Patriots. The Patriots had Houston's number last year so I have them #1. Denver & Baltimore lost some key players to Free Agency, so I have Houston #2, followed by Denver #3. I will probably have the Bengals winning the AFC North, so logic says Bengals at #4.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote