View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #37
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do Texans Rank in the AFC ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah but Denver had a unique QB before Manning arrived (Tebow threatened teams on the ground) .... Now they have Brock Osweiler , Zac Dysert & Ryan Katz behind him.

They don't have Manning under center , they might not win a game with the rest of that group. That makes those injuries on their OL critical.

The Texans have proven to some extent they can win with Yates .... Denver without Manning .... not so much.
I disagree with this. Tebow may have led some last minute comebacks with his legs, but the 2011 Broncos were more than anything a product of their defense, and it got better last season. I just don't believe it would be that difficult to find a QB serviceable enough to keep them from being a bottom ten scoring team like they were that season. It will be interesting to see how the deal with the loss of Dumervil, but last season they were top 5 in total D, rushing D, passing D, and scoring D.

Manning or no Manning, that defense is going to win them some games.

Also, FWIW, if Osweiler's still around when Peyton decides to hang it up, I think they'll be in good hands.