View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
"...And Kareem Jackson falls down". LOL, yep, that's what I remember.

I won't lie, I hated this dude and wanted us to find another #1 corner because he, IMO, was worthless.

We did with JJo and Kareem has looked a lot better. You generally look better when you are guarding guys like Andre Roberts instead of guarding Larry Fitzgerald though. I'm excited about the strides he's made, but still not ready for JJo to go anywhere.

Either way, congrats to all of you that said you loved him, expected his garbage play, and stood behind him. I personally think yall are liars, but Captain Hindsight might say differently. Regardless, glad he's come around and excited for this year. I'm just joking and being sarcastic rather than trying to pick a fight FYI.
But what he did in the Lions game last season showed how much he has grown.

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...coming-his-own

Quote:
Jackson’s growth was on full display against the Detroit Lions and Calvin Johnson on Thanksgiving. Johnson went into the locker room at halftime with five catches for 103 yards and a touchdown. Jackson took over cover duties in the second half and held the single season record holder for receiving yards in check. Matthew Stafford targeted Johnson eight times in the second frame and Jackson held Johnson to just 37 yards and three catches.
And I cant find the quote but Vance Joseph stated that Kareem told him at halftime to lock him on Johnson.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote