View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #282
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Sharpton has never impressed me on the field as much as he has impressed some of you guys. You can't tell how a player plays by looking at just a stat line....so those stats don't mean much to me. I have to see his assignment on a given play to make a stat relevant. Stats are for baseball in any case.
I don't think anybody has ever used the term "impressed" to describe Sharpton; his stat lines certainly were never impressive.

Sharpton was a fourth round draft choice; you expect a back-up at that spot.
If you're lucky to get a decent spot starter out of him, IMO, you're on the plus side.
And this is what I see in him.
But since he hasn't been able to stay healthy, he reverts back to an average draft pick at his spot.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote