View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013   #15
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian is Here Ready for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
You know it's easy to take a contrarian viewpoint when it comes to the Texans especially the QB position ever since their first awful drafting of David Carr. I think everybody here feels contrarian that the position needs to get more athletic ala RG3. But let's face facts, all chips are in & by all reports Matt is in the best athletic shape of his career, ready for prime time. I also get a strong feeling the future successor is already on the roster in Case Keenam. I just can't see them blow this whole plan apart unless this season does & that is too horrific & negative to contemplate this early with all the positives. My biggest question right now will they keep TJ or move him for a player or future pick (hoping for the latter).
It took me awhile to become a contrarian. I was on the Kubiak bandwagon until he hired Frank Bush without doing one interview with one the several available DC that had Top 10 defenses. That said to me Kubiak is more committed to the "Buddy Plan" than a "Commitment to Excellence".

I was one of the first to suggest the Texans go after Matt Schaub. When I suggested Schaub to John McClain he said no way Texans would trade for him. At the time I said Schaub would be a Top 10-15 QB. Well Schaub is a Top 10-15 NFL. A Top 10 QB maybe, maybe not. A Top 5 NO! I'm not sure about this but I think it is possible that some of Schaubs problems might be Kubiak's micro managing of the game and that has Schuab on a very short leash on what he can do and what he can change. Today, Schaub is not the best QB in AFC South and IMHO that will become more and more evident with each passing year. In fact it could become reminiscent of when Peyton Manning was a Colt.

I personally don't think there is any trade value for TJ unless another team suffers a QB injury between now and start of the season.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote