View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013   #276
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
After having watching all of the regular season games that Mays played the last two seasons (I'm not going to bother to watch the two play-offs game because as reported, he missed a ridiculous seven tackles against the Steelers and the other team put up 45 points), I can say that the Broncos made a huge mistake resigning him to $4M per.

Mays did not have a better season than neither Sharpton nor Dobbins in either year. Unless he improves significantly, I would take Dobbins over Mays.
A healthy Sharpton is definitely the starter; I have no doubt about that.

Mays made too many mistakes in both the run game and the passing game;
He's hardly used to rush the passer.
Unless the Texans played against poor QBs or teams that run the ball a whole lot, Mays is not an asset to the D.
Unfortunately you have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than you do a healthy Sharpton most of the time.