View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013   #273
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Are those total tackles or are those Solo tackles.

I'm asking because I've looked at a few different places and those numbers seem off even with the typo corrected.

*I know that different places will have different stats...Just asking for clarification on how the tackles are classified here
This is from ProFootballFocus. They don't use other people's stats, they watch every play and gather their own data. Their service is used by ESPN, SI, NFL.com & NFLN among many others.

Tackles- the number of solo defensive tackles made excluding sacks
Assists- the number of defensive assists
Missed Tackles- the number of defensive tackles missed
Stops- the number of solo defensive tackles made which constitute an offensive failure including sacks

More definitions & how they do it & why their numbers might be different: https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/faq/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote