View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do Texans Rank in the AFC ???

I'm very tempted to put us at #1.

I think if Reed is healthy and playing with Swearinger back there in those special packages, it greatly improves our pass defense against those top QB's. I really like Brooks Reed as the SOLB in this defense. I think he's perfect for that position. I think if Cushing is healthy, we will be fine at ILB. I love the talent on the DL. I think we are really good at corner. I'm worried about the pass rush from the outside. WOLB sets the tone in the outside pass rush, and I am not sure Merciless is that guy. I honestly wish we could re-do that pick, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I hope Jefferson makes the team because I think he could actually be one of the better pass rushers here. Hopefully Trevardo and Mont provide some value as well. But overall, I think the defense is solid. I think Merciless can be a good player, but I'm not sold on him as a weakside pass rusher at all. But overall, I don't think he sucks at all. I think he can be solid. So basically, the areas of most concern on the team for me (WOLB, ILB next to Cush) I think we will at least be solid.

I think defensively, if we remain healthy we can be THE #1 defense in the league. I think we should be top 5 easily.

Offensively, I think we will be very productive once again and I think Brandon Brooks is going to beast. I think Hopkins is going to beast. Al I need is for Schaub to stay consistently good throughout the year. Nothing flashy...Just be good all year long and into the play-offs.

If we can do that I think this team is playing in the superbowl. I think the team is THAT good. Another year of OTJT for Kubiak...Wade getting more toys to play with and getting Cushing back...

I'm expecting a great year for this team if we stay healthy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote