View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian is Here Ready for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Thanks for the update beerlover, I will put him on my watch list. You find that I am a bit of a contrarian. At the end of 2010 I was calling and pounding the table for Bob McNair to hire Jim Harbaugh, in the 10' I wanted Bulaga as the #1 pick, last year I said the Texans needed to go all in for RGIII as an answer to Andrew Luck or facing returning to the existence of their first 10 years. When that didn't happen I thought OT Cordy Glenn was the best player for the Texans. Starting 2013 season RT still seems to be the weak link in the O. As for Fales and 2014 it's still early but it is becoming increasingly clear that Schaub does a very good Tony Romo impression just like Tony when the lights are at their brightest.
You know it's easy to take a contrarian viewpoint when it comes to the Texans especially the QB position ever since their first awful drafting of David Carr. I think everybody here feels contrarian that the position needs to get more athletic ala RG3. But let's face facts, all chips are in & by all reports Matt is in the best athletic shape of his career, ready for prime time. I also get a strong feeling the future successor is already on the roster in Case Keenam. I just can't see them blow this whole plan apart unless this season does & that is too horrific & negative to contemplate this early with all the positives. My biggest question right now will they keep TJ or move him for a player or future pick (hoping for the latter).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote