View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #252
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I hope you're not suggesting that Sharpton doesn't make mistakes (in his limited number of snaps). Go back to last year's home game versus the Jags and watch Sharpton blow a goal line assignment and allow a wide open TD pass to Marcedes Lewis. The problem here is that one of these "liabilities" will be needed to start on this defense. I would choose the one with more experience (Mays) who can stay on the field (Mays). I think Wade will do the same.
Of course not, Lucky.

You know that I'm one who likes to watch all the games before coming to a definite conclusion.

The whole body of work is really what we all should judge these guys on.

Rey already surmised that he won't review the games, which is alright.
You want to see how much a guy carrying on forward.

It is true that Sharpton wasn't on his assignment on that play, but it is not the only play that he was involved in last year.

I didn't judge Mays on one or two plays, but rather the whole two years.
You make me to back and rewatch some more Texans games (and whether you believe it or not, taking a hiatus for quite a few years now, has been allowing me a ton of time to watch football - that really is a given.

I do try to explain why I form a certain opinion; if one really looks through all the things, they know I try to stay away from the bias that is inherent in all of us (or a vast majority of us, whatever.)

At any rate, I went back and rewatched 5 games from last year that Sharpton played in. (I will re-review the other games).

I will tell you this, there's no doubt in my mind that Sharpton is a better player.

Lucky, go back and watch the entire game to see the plays that Sharpton made besides the one he missed.

I'm really honest here.
You have to watch each and every snap these guys take in the hope to evaluate them.

What I can tell for sure is that Sharpton was used in a multitude of ways, while Mays was a "limited" player.

I kid you not.
Just watch two years worth of Broncos games and Texans games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote