View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #166
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I was there for the draft party at Reliant in 2011, and while this is somewhat true that was more of a case of a few loud voices not an entire group consensus.
Well, JJ remembers the boos.

Quote:
"How much love the city is showing me after booing me last year is awesome," Watt said. "It's so cool."

"A lot of them wanted Nick Fairley, a lot of them wanted Prince Amukamara," Watt said. "There were a lot of people saying I was just a big white guy, that the team was taking a high character guy, not the best football player."

Watt has a computer file of a video that shows fans at Reliant Stadium booing as the Texans selected him on draft day. The video also has interviews with some of those fans. One said he was canceling his season tickets. Another said it was a wasted pick.

But the last fan interviewed felt differently. That person said he loved the pick and that Watt would lead the Texans to a Super Bowl.

"If my dream comes true and we win a Super Bowl here, I want to find that guy," Watt said. "And I want to shake that guy's hand (and) say, 'Thank you for believing in me, and you were right.' "
I have never read an article by this guy prior to the Keenum piece. That I'm aware of. This reads as a typical preseason fluff piece that could be found on any web site, even chron.com. As I said, I don't see the outrageousness in this piece (by itself) that would bring up such venom.

It's the 1st week of preseason, and I don't know if the coaches know who the starters are at RT or MO LB, much less who the backup QB is. Maybe in 4 weeks, the piece will look like hot garbage or brilliant insight. Who really knows?