View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #161
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
And all I said was he cleared waivers and signed on the Saints PS. Both those things are true, so I'm not sure what you're challenging about that.

CT, I'm not challenging anything.
I'm just saying that it certainly looks like the Saints had interest in Daniel before they knew that he would clear waiver.

Also, the Redskins indicated that they wanted to bring him back onto their PS.

That, along with the Matt Moore situation, did show that when a team hopes to sneak a player onto their PS, there's a risk.
All I was saying.

With a guy like Keenum in his second year, who has now learn the rope of the WCO, besides being familiar with a multitude of offenses from his college days - from the pistol to the spread, the option read, etc. - he can be more attractive as a free agent. There's more risk in trying to stash him onto the PS.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote