View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #159
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Rey, read the above post #155 and this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_...Cowboys_season

Signing Testaverde and trading a third round draft pick for Henson while Carter is still the starter couldn't have been a shot in the arm for Romo.
????

Do you realize that Carter was released the first week of camp?

I don't think the Cowboys cut their starting QB in the first week of camp just on the spur of the moment.

And I'm supposed to believe that the Cowboys traded a third round pick for a 2nd or 3rd string QB in Henson?

Maybe there is a reason they went out and signed Testaverde and traded for Henson.

Yeah, if Carter would have stayed there Romo likely would have been cut. But I don't believe Carter staying there was ever in the plans. Therefore I don't believe Romo was ever going to be cut because of QC.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote