View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #152
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What do you think McGee's chances are of beating Keenum out for the #3 spot?

It's the same for Tj.

We are going to need one, or maybe two QBs to go into a game & fill in for Schaub. Hopefully it will only be for a Qtr, maybe a game at most. But If I'm Kubiak, I'm thinking I will need my back up QB this year. Tj gets the nod, because of his "extensive" experience playing in real games, including play-offs, & he's already got experience leading the offense, from a leadership pov.

Nothing against Case, but he's going to have to wait behind Tj, just like Romo had to wait behind Testeverde. Just like Kaepernick had to sit behind Smith & wait for an opportunity.

Matt's the starter, he's not going to lose his job unless someone comes in & outperforms him on game day. Yates is the back up, he's not going to lose his job this year, unless someone outperforms him on game day.

Now, if Keenum puts on a good show through camp & the team gets comfortable with him, there's a good chance we'll let Tj go at the end of the year, give Keenum another year to get an opportunity, & bring in another prospect.

It's just highly unlikely that an undrafted QB is going to unseat Yates.
Yates will definitely eventually go if Keenum improves and he doesn't get better. I can agree that Case will need to wait even if he is a 3rd stringer. If Yates can do somewhat on par to the results of Case, Yates will be the 2nd QB. Excited to see the dual in the pre-season.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote