View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013   #135
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's not what the title says. Read it again. It says he grabs early edge. You're intepreting it as THE edge...However, I'm reading it as AN edge. Considering what the article actually says, I think AN edge is the best way to read it, but to each his/her own.

Sent from my Lap Top using The regular website
I won't try to interpret the title, but the article itself doesn't claim anything really. The strongest sentence was that Keenum is gaining on Yates.

This sounds like the correct scenario, in my eyes.

Gaining on means that Keenum is still trailing (for whatever reason); he has yet to surpass Yates.

Even those who who think that Keenum wasn't much of anything last year agreed that he has made good stride.
The only way that Yates can keep the same distance is for him to improve by the same amount, something I haven't heard from anybody, including TC or Lance Z.

By those accounts, it should be clear that Keenum is gaining on Yates; by how much, I don't know.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote