View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013   #517
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
click image for larger
I admit I am no criminal mastermind, or murdering sociopath. But I've seen a lot of movies (I've got Netflix).... but I don't think that's the way you're supposed to hold a gun.

A little off topic......
Quote:
Hernandez signed the extension in late August 2012 but is now part of an investigation regarding a double homicide which took place in July 2012. If Hernandez is convicted in any way of having involvement in this crime, which took place before the signing of his extension, he could be in violation of the above clause. This could allow the Patriots rights to recoup the entire $12.5 million signing bonus since Hernandez knew of this July 2012 crime and it could prevent him from being “available” for the entire contract. Therefore a forfeitable breach would have occurred upon signing. As of now the Patriots have paid $9.25 million of the signing bonus, with the remaining $3.25 million payment due in March 2014.

Signing bonuses are prorated or spread out evenly over the life of a contract up to a maximum of five years. So Hernandez’s total signing bonus, $12.5 million, counted $2.5 million on the 2012,13,14,15 and 16 salary caps. Under CBA forfeiture rules past season salary or prorated money cannot be forfeited, so even if still under contract the Patriots could not get back the 2012 base or prorated monies without a violation of the above mentioned clause.
Quote:
The 2013 and 14 guaranteed base salaries ($2.46 million total) accelerates onto the 2013 cap, $2.55 million in prorated signing bonus and an $82,000 (2013) workout bonus, payable August first according to Corry, gets added up. The Patriots take a dead money salary cap hit for Hernandez of $5.092 million this year and $7.5 million in 2014 (prorated signing bonus $2.5 million 2014,15 and 16 accelerates, gets added, on to the 2014 cap).