View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013   #431
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

@JaysonBraddock

Quote:
Spoke with Antonio Smith, Reggie Herring, Sam Montgomery, Danieal Manning, and Case Keenum today. Some quick notes. Audio on SportsTalk 790
Quote:
Antonio on Swearinger: "He's not going to be a stealth ninja. Everything about him is all up in your face."
Quote:
Danieal Manning on Swearinger: "His leadership ability, play making ability is tremendous." Vets talking about Swearinger's leadership.
Quote:
Montgomery on Injury: I speculate I'll be back in a week, week & a half."
Sounds like we'll get a good chance to see him in the 4th preseason game if he has no setbacks..

Quote:
Sam Montgomery on preparing while injured: "I'm out here everyday w/ my notebook, pen & paper & I just come in being a student of the game."
Quote:
Sam cont'd: "Really learning concepts & details & stunts." "Getting the play call from coach, getting the signals from Wade."
Quote:
Montgomery on learning the playbook: "I keep running it thru my head & doing mental rep, mental rep, mental rep."
Quote:
Sam on 34 OLB run D & pass rush: "The easiest thing coming to me now is the run, cause it's just an aggressive get off."
Quote:
Sam Montgomery cont'd: "Pass rush is something I've got to work on a little bit. Getting thru that stiff arm."
Quote:
Reggie Herring on Willie Jefferson: "He has natural instincts in pass rush skills."
Quote:
Herring on Jefferson: "He's athletic, long. He actually fits the prototype for an outside backer to us."
Quote:
RH on Willie: "He's very raw right now, undeveloped, but he's shown enough natural instinctive pass rush skills that he gets your attention"
Quote:
Herring on Willie: "If he does play for us his length will help out on the edge. Yes, his hands up length would be a factor."
Quote:
Herring on rookie OLBers: "The rookies for the most part have been inconsistent."
Quote:
Herring on Willie's run D: "He lacks play strength, he's got to use his leverage & length w/ his arms to get off blocks."
Quote:
Herring on Joe Mays switch from 43 to 34: "That's what Joe's trying to do right now. He's learning the language & the system."
Quote:
RH on Mays: "He knows how to play the game, he's fast twitch, instinctive LBer." "He aren't to have it (scheme switch) down by the 1st game"
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote