View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013   #65
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
WTF? Dreessen was a good not great blocker. Hell Manning got less out of him last year than Schaub got out of him as a receiver. Jones is one of the best blocking FBs in the league.
According to PFF In 2011 when Dreessen was a Texans he was rated in the Top 3 in TE in Run Blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
They might lose the versatility of Casey but tell me did the really ever take advantage of having casey last season ? To me it was his most unproductive year and he could of been used so much better than he was. So comparing the way they used casey to adding jones in there i dont see much of a difference and if anything it improves the running game. And then add on to it that we didn't have dressn last year anyways we wont be any worse.
In 2010 & 2011 when the Texans were at their very best at running the football, Dreessen was the primary blocking TE, Leach/Vickers were the blocking FBs and Brisel and Winston were on the right side. In 2012 Texans run game DECLINED and the above 5 were no longer Texans. There will be plenty of excuses and rationale to explain the decline but in the end, it is what it is.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote