View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013   #56
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

I read the FO article with a keen interest. I see where FO says the Texans play the 3rd easiest schedule in 2013. I am assuming that is based on the 2012 won-loss percentages. It doesn't appear that FO takes into account one of the great equalizers, the salary cap. Texans 2013 opponents on average have approximately $18 million more to spend in Salary Cap dollars vs the Texans. While the Texans may have the 3rd weakest schedule on paper don't expect it to play like the 3rd easiest schedule on Sundays. An $18 million salary cap advantage is equivalent to adding (6) $3 million a year players.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote