View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013   #12
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian is Here Ready for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
welcome Texian, very interested to follow your work

Let me begin by saying Texans will not select a QB in the first round in 2014. It's just not their MO. However I do sense a similar pattern @ another coveted & expensive position of need, that you had Texans selecting in 2nd this past draft & 2nd in next years draft & that's cornerback. Do, can or will Texans be able to retain Kareem Jackson? I would assume they lock up Cushing but pay dearly then with Watt on horizon well maybe Roc or Harris can fill the void a year or two? So in the NFL 2014 Draft the Houston Texans select -

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon 5-10 190

Athletic, physical plays big with natural instincts. Displays fluid hips with plus recovery speed. Really like his game, similar to KJ but better ball skills.
Thanks for the update beerlover, I will put him on my watch list. You find that I am a bit of a contrarian. At the end of 2010 I was calling and pounding the table for Bob McNair to hire Jim Harbaugh, in the 10' I wanted Bulaga as the #1 pick, last year I said the Texans needed to go all in for RGIII as an answer to Andrew Luck or facing returning to the existence of their first 10 years. When that didn't happen I thought OT Cordy Glenn was the best player for the Texans. Starting 2013 season RT still seems to be the weak link in the O. As for Fales and 2014 it's still early but it is becoming increasingly clear that Schaub does a very good Tony Romo impression just like Tony when the lights are at their brightest.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote