View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013   #93
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Only people who want Keenum are bloated Texans homers and Red Bloods. If the guy was sooooo damn good he would have been drafted, plain and simple. If he is the future after Schaub we are royally screwed IMO.
I'm a Longhorn, but I've done my research on this player.

History has proven that draft status is not a valid disqualifier. Good talent often falls through the cracks for unfair reasons. Of all NFL fanbases, Houston's should appreciate that fact. Here is one of the reasons for Keenum's snubbing:

Quote:
Houston quarterback Case Keenum revealed that he suffered a strained hamstring on his second attempt at the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine last month in Indianapolis. He said he didn’t want to make excuses, which is why he decided to still throw, but it clearly affected him.

“I strained my hamstring on the second 40,” Keenum said on Monday after his performance at UH’s pro day. “I’m not a track guy or 400-hurdler or haven’t qualified for the Olympics but I think I was trying to at that point, trying to run a 4.3. But strained my hamstring on the second 40 and it kind of put me in a funk. I went over to see the trainers and (quarterbacks) were already warming up throwing. I’m not going to make excuses and I didn’t that day. I said ‘I”m out here, I’m going to throw.’ But it definitely wasn’t me at my best.”
Link

The other reasons for not being drafted were his size and that he is a system QB. Again, these are not valid disqualifiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Come on Keenum doesn't have the physical ability to play NFL quarterback, let's please get a real successor to Schaub and not have another backup QB as the heir to our team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
They can say what they want,but keenam is not a nfl quality qb.
Where does this come from?

If it's strictly opinion, I'll offer Kubiak's:

Quote:
“I definitely can because you see what he has physically, how he can throw the football, how he reads defenses, and his command in the huddle. He has all those attributes and I definitely see him being able to play at this level. No doubt about it.”
If it's his athleticism, here's his Pro Day results:

Quote:
Keenum did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.31 seconds, the three-cone drill in 6.89 seconds and bench-pressed 225 pounds 18 times.
If it's his arm strength, here's what he did on Tuesday:

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 10m
Case Keenum and Keshawn Martin with a huge reception. 50 yard bomb over Harris. Great coverage but better pass and catch.
You don't have to put your money on this horse, but at least admit he's a legit contender.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote