View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005   #10
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Not for dieters!

OK, just tried this last night. WOW what a mac N cheese, have to tell you it's expensive but if you want to make an impression on dinner guests, wholy cow and I mean the WHOLE cow!

3 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups jack and cheddar cheese shredded
10 oz velveta cheese cut into squares
10 oz white vermont cheddar cheese (i used new york)
15 oz gruyere' cheese shredded
4 oz cream cheese room temp
2/3 cups sour cream
1 1/3 cup half n half
1 1/3 cup heavy cream
1 egg
2-3 tbs flour
1 tbs worcheshire sauce
1 tea garlic powder,1 tea onion powder, 1 tea dry mustard, pinch of cayenne pepper pinch of nutmeg salt n pepper to taste.

Are ya gettin the idea this is not the typical 5 year olds, I got the "BLUES" mac n cheese?

This stuff is fantastic!

butter up a 13 x 9 baking dish. oven 350. Cook macaroni until firm not REAL done. "drain well" and pour into buttered dish, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, add half and half, heavy cream, sour cream, cream cheese (in small soft pieces) add egg, flour, worcheshire, all spices except paprika that's for the top, and whisk thourghly. A little lumpy is ok.
place the cheese squares all over the top of macaroni and push down with fingers to sink um in. Now sprinkle the Gruyere' shredded cheese over the top
of that. Pour the artery clogging cream mixture evenly over the top of that. Take your fingers and poke a few holes into the dish to let the cream sink down some more. Now spread the jack and cheddar cheese over the top of that, sprinkle w/ paprika and put this baby into the oven for about 30-45 minutes until it's browned and bubbly. A one way ticket to paradise to say the least! Butter my butt and call me a bisquit, this is comfort food!
I want feed back on this one!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nflnutswife; 12-07-2005 at 12:23 PM.
nflnutswife is offline   Reply With Quote