View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013   #407
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I explain some of the read-option/pistol stuff in the blog:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...g-camp-week-1/

Originally on 7/29 Kubiak said that they were going to run some read-option as a look but is not their strength. Pistol not mentioned.

Then a couple days later, they ran some pistol. Nobody asked him about it after the practice. Somebody told LZ Kubiak had already said pistol just a look.

But because I knew coach wasn't asked specifically about pistol, I asked him about it the next day, and he said it was something they were looking at.
Thanks for the update, Steph.

With the Pistol, I would still have concern over the ZBS timing of the Oline, in that on a running play, the RB is so far back, having to make it so far to the LOS........especially if in a delay, the OL would have to afford Schaub extra time of protection as well.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote