View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013   #53
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i understand ur theory, but its not like we utilized casey properly at FB last season anyways. Clutts could of came in and blocked for foster while casey went back to TE.

Your saying it wouldnt have worked ? Well did it work the way Kubiak did it ? No it didnt.

Not to mention the whole thing about not opening up ur offense, only haveing 1 TE didnt help open up our offense either, but having a FB and 2 TEs would have.
The Patriots were a difficult matchup for the Texans given the composition of the team particularly with the injuries they had at the time.

Wilfork creates problems for everyone, but ungood matchup for Myers, esp with not above average guard play next to him.

Patriots CBs were weak link but Texans had only 1 real WR to test.

Texans TEs were a strength but they were not right by that time in the season.

And I asked all sorts of football people I respected prior to the game how they would defense the Patriots offense given the issues the Texans had at linebacker. The answers were not very encouraging.

In other words, I'm not sure any way to open up the offense would have particularly mattered in 2012.

They were dealing with schizz. Dealt pretty well with it for most of the season. But the Texans are less about trickery and more about execution and they made too many mistakes down the stretch.