View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013   #179
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Sam Montgomery DE/OLB

From the two lists above, I come away at this point with reservations on 2 players on the list.

From what I've seen in past seasons and heard during the offseason and TC, Jean (as much as I've always had high hopes for him) is still trying to catch many of the balls thrown to him with his body instead of his hands........and as such is still dropping balls that he shouldn't.

As far as Posey, he showed great potential at the end of last season before his Achilles. However, I would be very guarded on depending on him to "functionally" return early in the season.....or expecting to see the Posey we are wanting to see until at least before the end of the season, if we see that Posey ever again. An Achilles can be much more tested in a WR than a RB (as well as other positions), in that explosiveness and stresses on the healing tendon must be "maxed" as a WR more than a RB...........with additional forceful high velocity moves of stop and go (slower for a RB).........and fast cut-backs towards the QB (a move not really required by a RB). This is not to even mention the explosiveness necessary to repeatedly jumping high..............and having to sustain the hard and sudden impacts (extreme stress on the Achilles) when coming back down.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote