View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
With the running back play and defense play, in 2011, Yates was not really called upon to generate his own come from behinds......nor did he look like he could......he simply tried not to have games get out of hand by his own hand. That impression was not changed by last year's performance in the preseason or the times he came into 3 games for limited playing time, where he had 1 int, 1 sack and 0 TDs (won't rag on him for no TD).......in "garbage" time with an average passer rating of 35. Yates has never looked to me like he was capable of coming back from a significant deficit or putting up quick numbers on his own. Just my opinion that with the type of QB Keenum is, he has a better chance of developing into such weapon.
I see Yates as a QB that you hope holds onto the game. I see Keenum as a creator that can take over a game. He keeps getting better and I'm not sure if Yates has topped out. I want the best 2 and the other traded. I see Schaub gone after 2014 with Yates or Keenum starting and a draft pick like Fales waiting and learning in the wings. Keenum and Fales are in my crystal ball. Trading Schaub and Yates for players/picks would be perfect scenario for me.