View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We'll all be seeing him in action soon enough. Then we'll have a better idea. I hope like hell Keenum does well, but if he doesn't the damn world ain't coming to an end. LOL
What's important to remember, is that it's the preseason. He'll be playing with guys who weren't good enough to make the starting team. Sometimes they'll catch the ball, sometimes they won't.

So even if he ends up with gaudy stats, if I'm the coach I'm judging Keenum (& Tj for that matter) based on how he executed the play, more than I'm judging him on the outcome of the play. Is he making good reads, is he rushing his feet, is the ball coming out on time (very important for what we do). If he holds the ball, then runs for a first down.... was that the best decision? If he could have thrown the ball like the play was designed, I'd have rathered he threw the ball. If his 3-4 receivers are all covered & he makes something out of nothing, that's totally different.

How is he getting in & out of the huddle, how is he at the line, does he see what I see... & if not, why not?

It's more about why he does what he does, than what he does.