View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm not saying I disagree with you, but Yates didn't have a single NFL snap when he was called on, so obviously it is possible for an inexperienced QB to come in and have success.
True, it can happen. When your choice is the guy who pretended to be a QB for the last 3 months or the guy who's been taken snaps at TE for the last three months...... you go with what you got. Roll the dice, see what happens.

Now, the situation is different. You've got a good idea how Tj will handle the huddle, & how the team will respond when Tj is in there. You've seen Tj under "live fire" & he pulled a game or two out of his butt for ya.

Kubiak does have the benefit of seeing Keenum in practice & maybe there is something there that would give Kubiak enough confidence in how Keenum would handle the huddle, the game, the "real" pressure... if he's got the short term memory that a QB needs.

But like Porky said, I think Keenum would have to show a lot for Kubiak to switch. A lot more than what he showed to not get himself drafted.

But... then again it makes no sense at all that he didn't get drafted.
Quote:
Casey Austin "Case" Keenum (born February 17, 1988) is an American football quarterback who is currently on the Houston Texans practice squad. Keenum is the NCAA's all-time leader in total passing yards, touchdowns, and completions. On October 22, 2011, Keenum became the Football Bowl Subdivision's all-time leader in total offense. On October 27, 2011, Keenum became the all-time leader in total touchdown passes by an FBS quarterback. During that game he threw for nine touchdowns and 534 yards.
In the 2008 college football season, Keenum ranked first nationally in total offense and second in total passing yards.[1][2] As a result of his on-field contributions to Houston's success, Keenum was named to several All-American lists. He is the only quarterback in Division I FBS football history to have passed for more than 5,000 yards in each of three seasons.