View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #133
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of the cowboys....

I will admit that my "angst" towards the Cowboys has faded in recent years.

I grew up hating them because when I was a kid in Houston so many other kids were Cowboys fans and were always running down the Oilers and being so arrogant about the Cowboys. One in particular would never let it go even after the Oilers beat them on that Thanksgiving game in 1979. The Cowboys of course "were cheated" that day. I heard every excuse in the book and zero credit going to Earl and the Oilers.

I lived in Dallas in the mid 90's for a couple of years and actually liked the area. I grew up thinking I hated the city of Dallas because of the Cowboys however it is a good area to live. I also found the native Cowboys fans in Dallas were not the arsholes I was encountering in Houston. Most were pretty realistic fans and above all SHOULD be fans of the Cowboys since that is their home team.

Now that I live in Florida I never see Cowboys fans here. Actually it's the first state I have ever lived in where there are not a ton of Cowboys fans around (lived in New York and Philadelphia area before and plenty up there). I think I have seen 2 since coming here and they were probably "Mouse People" anyway.

So while Florida is getting bad press because Zimmerman, Casey whatever her name is, etc, there are some real positives here, that being one of them.

To me the Cowboys have become irrelevant. The Texans are a better team and organization and I don't see that changing as long as Jerrah is around. Eventually I think most Texans fans will start becoming like me. Any "bitterness", etc will just fade away because there will be no reason for it.

Also, the teams are not even in the same conference so there is no on field rivalry and probably never will be. Probably a good amount of Cowboys fans in Houston will jump ship to the Texans (as they were already doing in Austin before I left) and say it's because of Jerrah. All of that will just lead to apathy towards the Cowboys.

So enjoy these threads while you can.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote