View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #19
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
What good teams? Denver early in the year when they were still feeling themselves out? Baltimore before they switched OC's and had one of their worst games of the year?

Chicago? Seriously? The offense didn't do much that game and had Cutler not gotten hurt that game could have easily gone either way.

But yeah...Lets celebrate those wins. Nevermind them getting their asses handed to them when they were: 1) Undefeated against a good team playing in front of a national audience 2) getting owned against the lowly vikings and colts when they needed to win for home field advantage 3) being one slightly overthrown ball away from being bounced in the first round against the Bengals 4) And then finally, going into NE and getting thrashed

You don't have to say everything directly. When you say something was good enough, that defines your expectations. If it wasn't good enough, then what exactly is your point?

You're all over the map.

You specificially said, "I don't care what their record is as long as it gets them into the play-offs." They made the playoffs and won a game.

You are then saying the Broncos weren't good when we played them and the Bears weren't good at the end. You can't have it both ways. Either you can take the variability into account, or don't. Regardless, in my opinion both were good teams. Not great teams, but good teams, and we beat both of them on the road.

Then you're reading into my comments to argue against something I haven't said or implied.
I didn't say they were good enough. I said it's not realistic to expect them to win every game.

If you're only going to be happy if they win the Super Bowl, fine. That's your perrogative. But don't make stuff up if you don't want to come out and say it directly.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote