View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #20
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone making the trip to KC?

I am putting together a bus for the KC trip.

Here is the info I put on the facebook group:

On a lark, I contacted a bus company for the KC trip. I have us leaving the Hobby airport area at 7 pm on Friday night. We arrive in KC at 8 am on Sat (saves a hotel night) and leave KC at 7 pm on Sunday arriving back in Houston Monday morning. $7700 for a bus for 55 people. If we had 30, this works out to $256 per person. Any interest? One nice part is this leaves us with one night hotel in KC. Cars can be left in a remote parking lot at Hobby.

My current plan is to have people mail me checks that I will hold until I reach 30. Once the magic number is reached, I will deposit the checks and book the bus. If a check bounces, that person is out, no 2nd chances. If I get more than 30 (40 max for comfort) I will bring cash to pay people the difference on the bus.

*Their is a $500 deposit required if we want alcohol on the bus (we do) which we need to divide out somehow.