View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013   #199
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

But you're telling me there's another game that I haven't got to, and Mays missed 7 tackles? Hot dang. How the heck did he get that contract?

Icak, man, Mays must have been balling out in the other ten games that I haven't got to or something was very wrong.
In 2009, the Texans defense looked like an NFL defense. Pollard was chop'n heads, Quin & McCain were making it difficult for receivers to make a living, Demeco & Cushing rulled the middle, & Mario was doing his thing.

We signed Pollard I think for a second season. He looked like crap in 2010, missing many assignments, getting burned, missing tackles.... didn't look like a guy we signed.

We let him go. He was a starting safety for the Baltimore Ravens in 2011 when they had their best finish in years, earning a home play off game. He started again on that same team in 2012 when they won a Super Bowl.

Do you think maybe Mays played in a system that allowed him to shine prior to 2012, but then switched to a different scheme/philosophy where he was being asked to do things that don't necessarily suit his strengths? & then maybe our system is more like the one he flourished in?

I don't think this guy is all that. I doubt he'll start over Daryl Sharpton. But I think there might be something to icak's point.

Fingers crossed.