View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #197
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I didn't say he was not good, I did indicate he was kind of average and ordinary. I'm not trying to make him to be more than what has been his 5 years in the league which is pretty much a journeyman. If Cush was at 100% and Sharpton was on the field I doubt Mays is even a blip on the Texans radar.
I'll take average and ordinary. We're not going to have above-average talent at every position, and ILB was a weakness after Cushing went down last year. I don't know if he's an upgrade over a healthy Sharpton, but he's an upgrade over Bradie James and Tim Dobbins. Our depth at ILB was weak before Mays signing and now he helps solidify it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote