View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #185
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
GB or SD? PFF shows Mays only took 25/72 snaps vs. GB with 2 missed tackles, but he took 48/78 snaps with 4 missed tackles vs. SD -- which is pretty bad, but...

PFF has him for 7 missed tackles in 2011 WC game vs. Steelers(68/73 snaps).
One of them games; I guess I can go back quickly to find out which one, because the majority of the misses were in the first half. I'm pretty sure I counted 4 in the first half and 1 in the second. Obviously, there's a discrepancy as my total is different from the other guys; it was probably their thinking that Mays was blocked out of one of them. I knew I thought about that one, too. Let just say I'm a little more bias against Mays - which I know I'm not - that's OK.
The core of the matter is there.

(And I know that you are quite appreciative of my watching games and try to convey thing as they are to the best of my knowledge, so I never had a beef with ya' - just as I appreciate all the info you've been providing us -we're good).

But you're telling me there's another game that I haven't got to, and Mays missed 7 tackles? Hot dang. How the heck did he get that contract?

Icak, man, Mays must have been balling out in the other ten games that I haven't got to or something was very wrong.

So far, I know that I'm not pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Perhaps, you can watch some games and tell us what was it that you saw that was great about Mays. I'm all ears (pun intended, haha).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote