View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #173
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

OK, so I watched some more Broncos games besides the 2012 season, I had finished with week 5 of the 2011 season. I know some of you hope to see a good player to pair with Cushing; all I can say is that if he's good, the Broncos would have retained him. Perhaps he showed better later on in the year; I haven't gotten that far yet, so I can't comment on them games.

For the first five games; he didn't play a whole lot in four of them.
Mays was like a rotational player that was not in the lineup much in nickel and dime situation. He was so-so in those games; the term non-descript probably suits him the best.

The game he saw the most playing time was against the Packers. He showed up around the ball on five or six plays, which sounds good, but all except one was unblocked... And as Wade had said, you aren't doing nothing really when you have a free path to the play.

It could still make for a good game, except that Mays also missed five tackles, something I haven't seen before; have you?

And no, after watching ten games, there's no indication that he's a decent blitzer either; he was hardly used in that capacity.
I still have eleven games to go; I can't say I can come to a definite conclusion yet.
You can't blame me for not being all hyped up about the signing, a vet minimum at that.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote