View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #354
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
As far as injuries suffered at camp on Thursday, the most severe was nose tackle Daniel Muir, who got his ankle stepped on. He needed to be helped off the field and was carted inside. ILB Cameron Collins has a hamstring injury and Earl Okine struggled with the heat. He looked dizzy during practice on the sideline.

Whitney Mercilus was still out of practice with a hammy injury. Reed, DeVier Posey and Arian Foster continued to work on the side.
They’re all on the PUP.
Quote:

The Texans will have a walk-through on Thursday afternoon and just a morning practice on Friday. Kubiak said Friday’s practice will be the most difficult of camp so far because of the lack of bodies and the wear and tear. Saturday will be an off day.

“I think they’re working through that right now,” Kubiak said when asked about his players hitting a training camp wall.

Observations:

•UDFA Justin Tuggle got plenty of work with the first-team defense at outside linebacker on Thursday. They’ve used a few different guys there since Whitney Mercilus has been out with a hamstring injury.

•Willie Jefferson didn’t have a good day. He’s been turning plenty of heads but rookies have ups and downs. Thursday was a down day.

•Jared Crick continues to show improvement. He was excellent in pass rush drills and even better when they worked in 11-on-11s.

•Yeah, DeAndre Hopkins is impressing everyone, including Gary Kubiak. Hopkins made several big plays throughout practice and shined in the two-minute drill. He has shown the ability to go up and catch the ball vs. a defensive back.

“First off, I’m sitting here watching No. 10 today,” Kubiak said. “I like that. I know that. He’s making a lot of plays.”

•Garrett Graham looks healthy again. The tight end, who started camp on the Non-Football Illness list with a nasty virus, made a big catch today over Bryan Braman on the sideline.

•During 2-on-2 pass rushing drills, Chris Jones lined up on the outside, while Terrell McClain lined up at nose. The Texans have been making Jones learn all the positions but had worked him primarily at nose.
link

Especially hate seeing that with Muir.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote