View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's just it. We're being highly effective and people are still complaining.

We won 12 games by an average margin of victory of over 13 points. That's pretty damned good and pretty freaking effective.
Honestly, the 12 games thing doesn't matter to me. Lots of teams in the NFL have won 12 games before. I'm not super impressed by that. It's nice, and it's a really good season though. I want to see us play well in big games against high profile teams.

And the problem is that people think we could be more effective especially when situations get tougher. With the talent we have, finishing near the top of the league should be a given as far as offense goes. We had 5 pro bowl caliber players on offense last year. The biggest injuries we suffered last year were defensively...Not on offense.

Andre, Schaub and Arian haven't made it through many seasons together where they ALL stayed healthy. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a team that is this talented to do more. They can be better offensively. They know that and they have all said it. They were disappointed with their performances.

I think the ultimate goal is to win a superbowl. The Texans had a good year last year, but they aren't winning any superbowls playing like they did last year down the stretch.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote