View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You don't have to always be looking for a big play to be more effective. You can be highly efficient and effective with what ever play style you have.

I don't care how we play really....I just want it to be as effective as possible.

But When it's not effective in certain areas, then I think we as fans are going to question the methods.
That's just it. We're being highly effective and people are still complaining.

We won 12 games by an average margin of victory of over 13 points. That's pretty damned good and pretty freaking effective.

And it isn't just that we lost steam at the end because of injuries or whatnot... which we did and that stings. People were complaining about Kubiaks' conservatism even when we were at our hottest and most effective. We could be winning by 20 points and with our backs against the end-zone and if Kubiak calls a draw play on a 3rd and 20, people start complaining about how conservative he is.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote