View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders bullish on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've said it before and I'll probably have to say it again but...

I prefer this conservative approach. I prefer winning by choking someone out than losing with big, flashy, grandiose plays. I've got no problem with a team that isn't afraid to punt and trust its defense to step up instead of having to flail around and pray for a big play to bail them out.

And it's not like we're a conservative team that wins squeaker after squeaker by the skin of our teeth, a team that keeps it close and tries to get some last second score to win. We dominated most of the games we won last year... even when we weren't playing all that well. To me, that's just some good damn strategy right there.

We have to play better down the stretch and we have to find a way to stop higher-caliber offenses and not get ourselves in out-of-hand situations against teams like the Patriots and Packers. But. This is a young team that is new to winning and it's in the process of developing a winning tradition and a winning identity. I'm cool with that. We just need to keep winning and keep getting better at it.
Co-signed.
Just win.

The aforementioned Patriots and Packers threw the ball around the yard. Neither made the Super Bowl last year. Arguably the best QB of this "age" (#18) who's known for his lofty passing stats was one-and-done in the playoffs last year.

Just do whatever the heck works against whoever the heck we're playing.
Just win.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote