View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #350
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
Kubiak: Pistol not just a look for defense. Something they are looking at, players have fun w/ it.
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Quote:
Just as Washington did, Texans can still run outside zone out of Pistol as well as boot-action passing attack. Win/win in my opinion.

Pistol formation allows Schaub to get set up quickly and better incorporate more 3 step passing attack into passing game.

Gary Kubiak had a change of heart, I suppose, and he says Texans looking at Pistol formation for their own team. Makes a ton of sense
Marc Vandermeer ‏@TexansVoice
Quote:
Kubiak: occasional pistol look in practice is to possibly work it in a bit and show the D that look
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Very #Texans heavy officiating video. Cushing vs Slauson, Schaub vs. Mays and Forsett vs. Schwartz all make appearances.

Says last year Slauson's block on Cushing was only illegal because of where it happened. The actual move was not illegal. Is now. #Texans

Officials video uses Cushing injury play as first example of illegal peel back block, which is now illegal. #Texans

"He's way behind" Kubiak says twice on Sam Montgomery. #Texans

"he works out here for 2 hours and then he works the crowd," Kubiak says, as he pauses while crowd cheering for Watt drowns him out. #Texans

"I'm sitting here watching No. 10, I liked that, I know that," Kubiak said. #Texans

Kubiak says Muir is an ankle. Earl Okine struggled with the heat. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
"The good thing is that we're going against one of the top defenses in the league each and everyday, so that makes us better." - Schaub on O

Looking back on it, Hopkins made a few huge catches today. Made huge plays during 2 minute drill. #texans

JJ Watt was working both side of the crowd to see who was louder & that would be the side that he would go to sign autographs at 1st. #texans

Schaub still on the field signing autographs. Practice ended over 20 minutes ago. #texans

Schaub said that Duane Brown at LT is "paramount". #texans
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
#Texans have a morning practice tomorrow and will be off until Sunday. Four practices then head to Minnesota. #Texans

Hopkins greatest strength is his ability to jump and get the ball at the highest point. Makes it easy for Schaub to just throw it up there.

Ben Jones said he wears a Georgia Bulldogs shirt into the locker room nearly everyday to remind his fellow SEC teammates. #Texans

Kubiak insists the pistol is for the defensive looks. Cc @LanceZierlein #Texans
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
"First off, I’m sitting here watching No. 10 today. I like that. I know that. He’s making a lot of plays." -- Kubiak on Hopkins #TexansTalk

having to move my feet, be ready for anything else." (3/3)

"all types of different moves and stuff like that. Him being the total package, it just helps me out, having to sit down ... (2/3)

RG Brooks on going against Watt in drills: "I think very beneficial because I think he’s a total package, strength, speed ... (1/3)

"now he’s got an ankle he can do nothing about." (2/2)

Kubiak on Montgomery: "He’s way behind the team. Way behind. You know, he was behind conditioning-wise ... (1/2)
Greg Bailey ‏@GregBailey13
Quote:
Overall day 7 at Texans camp: everybody tired and it shows. But it's a great sign that so many players stay late for extra work. #Texans

Brandon Brooks asked about hitting the training camp wall: when you have to block JJ Watt every day, you don't have a choice.

Just talked with Keenum. Said hard work starting to pay off. learned a lot watching Schaub. Every day he paid attention and learned. #Texans

Another day more rave reviews for Case Keenum. Matt Schaub really likes Keenum's progress. Case can play. #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote