View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris: lost cause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I totally and completely disagree with that.

Foster has said himself that he wasn't ready to play. And when he started to show some life and got put in, he promptly fumbled and had to work his way back in.

If Kubiak played people because of their reputation, then Keenan McCardell and Roosevelt Colvin would have been on the field instead of cut during TC.

The thing about Kubiak is that he doesn't trust rookies and he prefers to ease them in. BUT... I don't think he has a ton of input on which DBs play and which ones don't. I think Brandon Harris was drafted in an attempt to patch up the Kareem Jackson problem. But KJ stepped up and started playing better. That would have allowed Harris to play the slot where he should be a better fit except that McCain outplayed him.

The reason Harris isn't on the field is because he's not one of the best CBs we have. Even Alan Ball was better than Harris is.
I agree with part of what you say. Joseph, KJ and McCain are better than Harris who is 4th IMO. He should be fine this year but does need to step it up. Many of us knocked KJ until his third season. Add an improved Carmichael & we should be good to go at corner.