View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013   #345
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But they're saying it was to give our defense a look.... so they aren't caught unawares. If that was the case it would make sense for Case to be out there with the scout team.

With Schaub running it, we're wasting our time unless the offense plans on using it sometime during the season. Like the reverse, something we'll probably see twice this season.
This is the part we agree on. It was to give our defense a look -- not to get them ready to actually play against it. So there's no need to have a runner in at the QB position to simulate someone like a Russell Wilson or a Kaepernick.

So... since it was just for the look and for the alignment, having Schaub in there is fine.

But like LZ said, I wouldn't mind us using a few Pistol alignment plays just to give Schaub a little more set-up time. AND... I wouldn't mind taking Schaub off the field once or twice and putting Foster and Tate back there together and have one of them be the "QB". We won't do that but I wouldn't mind it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote