View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris: lost cause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Harris will be fine. None of us knows why is hasn't played a lot, but the answer could simply be a numbers thing. Kubes isn't known for putting the best player on the field. He's better known for putting the best reputation on the field. See also Cody and Mitchell. Or Foster waiting behind who he waited behind.
I totally and completely disagree with that.

Foster has said himself that he wasn't ready to play. And when he started to show some life and got put in, he promptly fumbled and had to work his way back in.

If Kubiak played people because of their reputation, then Keenan McCardell and Roosevelt Colvin would have been on the field instead of cut during TC.

The thing about Kubiak is that he doesn't trust rookies and he prefers to ease them in. BUT... I don't think he has a ton of input on which DBs play and which ones don't. I think Brandon Harris was drafted in an attempt to patch up the Kareem Jackson problem. But KJ stepped up and started playing better. That would have allowed Harris to play the slot where he should be a better fit except that McCain outplayed him.

The reason Harris isn't on the field is because he's not one of the best CBs we have. Even Alan Ball was better than Harris is.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote